Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
Glossybox and Lookfantastic Advent Calendars Review
Sunday, 27 December 2020
I am going to review today the Advent Calendars I unboxed this year. You should agree with me that this Christmas had been strange and having one or two surprises each day helps a bit.
After looking at different branded and multi-brand Advent Calendars and read reviews about the content of previous years, I decided to go for Glossybox and Lookfantastic Advent Calendars. They are both multibrand, 25-days calendars. Price was similar, £80 for Glossybox and £70 for Lookfantastic (I am subscribed to both beauty boxes). Both calendars came in a reusable box. Glossybox will store some of my makeup while Lookfantastic box already keeps my embroidery threads.
I don’t want to write a huge post so I am going to list the content of each calendar day by day and, after that, I will let you know my favourite products and what I think of each box.
Glossybox Advent Calendar Content
1. Brushworks – Complexion Sponge Set, Full Size, £11.99
2. Illamasqua – Liquid eyeliner, Full Size, £21.00
3. Laboratoires Filorga Paris – Multi-correction Cream, Deluxe mini, £10.78
4. Pixi – Glow Mist, Full Size, £16
5. Lime Crime – Mini Velvetines Liquid Lipstick, Deluxe Mini, £10.00
6. Lee Stafford – Hair Apology Treatment Spray, Full Size, £11.99
7. Glossybox Skincare – 3-in-1 MNoisturizer, Full size, £22.50
8. Bubble T – Winter Berries Bath Bomb, Full Size, £5.99
9. MUA Cosmetics – Eyebrow Pencil, Full Size, £1.50
10. Zoeva, Screen Queen Highlighting Palette, Full size, £15.00
11. Frank Body – Original Coffee Scrub, Deluxe Mini, £1.40
12. Glow Recipe – Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask, Deluxe Mini, £3.93
13. Sunday Riley – Good Genes Glycolic Acid Treatment, Deluxe Mini, £11.84
14. Ecooking – Hand Cream, Deluxe Mini, £7.50
15. Fenty Beauty By Rihana – Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick, Full size, £21.00
16. Bareminerals – Prime Time Foundation Primer, Deluxe Mini, £6.00
17. The Body Shop – Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask, Deluxe mini, £6.00
18. Sleek Makeup – Loose Pigment, Full size, £5.49
19. The Vintage Cosmetic Company – Makeup Headband, Full size, £6.99
20. Huda Beauty – Matte Lipstick, Full size, £22.00
21. Avant Skincare – 3-1 Hyaluron Filler Collagen Eye Formula, Full Size, £99.00
22. Dermalogica – Daily Microfoliant, Deluxe Mini, £13.50
23. KVD Vegan Beauty- Mascara Trooper black, Deluxe Mini, £5.00
24. Nails.INC – Victoria Nail Polish, Full Size, £15.00
25. Iconic London – Day to Slay Eyeshadow Palette, Full size, £45.00
Lookfantastic Advent Calendar Content
1. This Works Deep Sleep Body Cocoon 100ml (Full size) worth £30
2. 3INA Cream Eyeshadow 313 3ml (Full size) worth £14.95
3. Rodial Dragon’s Blood Cleansing water 100ml (deluxe size) worth £17
4. ESPA Balancing Moisturiser 55ml (Full size) worth £42
5. Filorga Time Filler 15ml (Deluxe size) worth £18.60
6. ECooking Vit C serum 10ml (Deluxe size) £21.50
7. Caudalie Vinopure Gel Cleanser 30ml (Deluxe size) worth £3.20
8. Mio Clay Away 30ml (Deluxe size) worth £3.15
9. Lord & Berry Brow Crayon with applicator 10g (Full size) £15
10. Avant Harmonious Rose Quartz Revitalising & Firming Mask 50ml (Full size) worth £79
11. Rituals Sakura rejuvenating pink salt scrub 125g (Deluxe size) worth £7.50
12. Eve Lom Cleanser 20ml (Deluxe size) worth £16
13. Illamasqua Mini Lip gloss – Vogue 1.5ml (Deluxe size) worth £10
14. Molton Brown Rhubarb & Rose body wash 100ml (Deluxe size) worth £10
15. Elemis Pro-Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream 30ml (Deluxe size) worth £63
16. Philip Kingsley Mayan Vanilla & Orange Blossom Elasticizer 40ml (Deluxe size) worth £13
17. Luxie 522 Tapered Highlighter Brush (Full size) worth £15
18. Diego dalla Palma Eye liner – black 25ml (Deluxe size) worth £9.47
19. GLOV Eye mask – Navy blue (Full size) worth £12.99
20. REN Glow daily tonic AHA Tonic 50ml (Deluxe size) worth £5.40
21. Natasha Denona Mini Blush & Glow 4g (Travel size) worth £16
22. Sleek Hydrating Primer 20ml (Full size) worth £7.99
23. ABH Lash Brag Volumizing Mascara 5ml (Travel size) worth £14
24. Tan Luxe Super Glow 10ml (Travel size) worth £15
25. Omorovicza Silver Skin Saviour 15ml (Travel size) worth £21
My Glossybox and Lookfantastic Advent Calendars Review
Both calendars had 25 products. Glossybox contained 15 full size products while Lookfantastic had only 8 full size and 17 deluxe or mini size products. Lookfantastic calendar worths £480.75 what means £19.23/product. Glossybox had a price/product of £15.80 (worth £396.40). This cost/product, considering that Glossybox had double of full-sized compared to Lookfantastic, makes Glossybox more convenient from the economic point of view.
Glossybox also came with a more equilibrated quantity of makeup and skincare products. Both of them offered good brands such as Avant, Filorga, Elemis, ESPA, Fenty Beauty, Huda Beauty, Natasha Denona among others.
None of them came with many accessories (only two on each box) or face sheet mask, what I like as I think these type of products are included in many boxes to fill days with cheap products. Thay included both of them a huge product range (from cleanser to serum, eye, face and lip makeup, etc) and they didn’t repeat any product type (I hate the Advent Calendars with 10 lipsticks…….)
They are both very good Advent Calendars, in price as well as in quality. They are not the cheapest calendars in the market, but they are a good option if you want to try high-end brands. They came in reusable boxes which reduces the waste and environmental friendly.
The Glossybox Advent Calendar products I am more excited to try are from Zoeva, Iconic, Pixi, Fenty Beauty, Huda, Avant, Lime Crime and other showed in the picture below.
From the Lookfantastic box, there are also some product I can’t wait to try and you can see them in the picture below. They are from Sleek, Caudalie, Filorga, Elemis, ESPA, Rituals, Natasha Denona,….
A negative point for Glossybox is the huge amount of packing paper in the individual boxes, but at least it was paper and not plastic. Against Lookfantastic, I should mention that they didn’t include a leaflet with information about what the products are and how to use them.
- Skincare and Makeup products equilibrated
- Good range of product type
- High quality brands
- Reusable packaging
- No plastic at all in the packaging
- Price quite high
- They sold out very quick
- They sold out very quick
I am sure next year I will buy them again, I cannot miss them. If I can buy only one, I would buy Glossybox. It included more full size products, and the products are more in the range of products I use, though I will use most of the Lookfantastyic ones.
Food Kulcha1 February, 2021 at 21:02
Tea Tree Oil is very effective at preventing razor bumps. I have used it and it helped relieved my razor bumps and prevent ingrown hair.
Irene RESA1 February, 2021 at 21:19
I didn't know this use of the tea tree oil. Do you apply before or after razing?