2020 Empties II
08 November 2020
Last time I posted about my empty products was in July’s post. From then on, I have finished lots of products and I have products enough to write a huge post. That is why I am going to divide this post into two different parts, I don’t want to get you bored with a neverending list of empty products.
Hand Cream Empties
The actual situation we are going through makes us wash our hands more than normal and use antibacterial gel frequently. Because of that, my hands become very dry and I need to apply a lot of hand cream. From July, I finished three hand cream tubes.
- Nivea Protective Care Hand Cream with Honey. Nivea is a well-known, good brand and all their products are normally good quality. They are affordable and widely available. This Protective cream with Honey is nourishing, fast-absorbing and hydrates my hands for a long time.
- Lidl Skinfoodies Hand Cream. I was excited about this product when I first heard about it but it has been a deception. The smell is very artificial when they claim it should be natural. That is something I can cope with, but the problem is that the cream leaves a greasy feeling on my hands. It is like it is never absorbing. As I use in my office, I need a cream that absorbs quick and that is not the case. I will not buy anymore.
- Nivea Soothing Care Hand Cream with Aloe Vera. During a long time, I was sure that I bought a Nivea cream with cucumber. Later I realised it contained aloe vera. Just as the honey one, fast-absorbing, nourishing and hydrating, but with a different smell. I am preparing a review about this cream which will be posted shortly.
Face Cleansing Empties
Let’s move to face cleansing. I do the double cleansing process as part of my night routine. Some of the products I have been using these months are:
- Simple Cleansing Oil. It is an affordable first step cleanser and does a good job. However, I don’t like the smell and texture. I prefer balm products for removing my makeup. I don’t think I will buy it again.
- Lacura Face Wash. I had intentions to use this product as the second step of the cleansing but I didn’t like for that purpose. I have been using it as a morning cleanser. In the morning my skin is not as dirty as in the night when I have all my makeup and dirt if the whole day (imagine when I work in my garden….). This cleanser does a good job in the morning. Another advantage is that is very affordable, cost only £0.89 for 200 mL in Aldi. I am sure I will buy again for my morning routine.
- L’Oreal Fine Flowers Gel Cleanser. That is a very good cleanser. It has a nice texture, lathers quite a lot and smells to rose and jasmine. It leaves my skin clean and hydrated. It is indicated for dry skin as mine and doesn’t irritate my eyes. I will buy it again.
I finish a couple of skincare products, I loved both of them and highly recommend.
- The Ordinary Azelaic Acid. I am using it because I want to eliminate or at least reduce my hyperpigmentation. I apply it only in the night routine and with the 30 mL tube I had product for one month and a half, it is not bad. My hyperpigmented areas are a bit less visible but my skin is radiant. I love how it feels after application, it is not greasy at all and my skin feels soft and smooth. I am using the second tube now and I will buy a third one using November offers in Deciem website.
- Caudalie Dark Spots Moisturising Cream. This is another product to reduce my hyperpigmentation. I used it in combination with the azelaic acid and they make a good combo. The 30 mL pot lasted two months and a half. You need a really small amount to cover the whole face. I still didn’t repurchase but it is on my wish list for the black Friday.
To finish with the first part of the empty product, I need to mention a makeup product. Obviously, we finish more skincare than makeup product and, at least in my case, the makeup product I finish are mainly foundation, primers, concealers and mascaras. This time I finish a foundation.
- Revolution Base Stick Foundation in the shade F8. I like high coverage foundation and that in stick is very good. It doesn’t dry my skin or feel heavy. Just the opposite, I cannot use in the summer as with the sweat fades quick. But it is a good option for winter. I have already opened a new stick.
Well, that is all for the moment, I will come with the second part shortly. I am going to write a review of some of the products I finished. If you want me to review a specific product let me know in the comments and I will happily do.
Did you use any of these products? What do you think about them? Let me know!
Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.