Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
Hello my lovely people out there!!!!
This month I bought two beauty boxes: Birchbox and Glossybox. I will buy these two boxes for few months, and then I will decide which one is better for me, cancel the subscription of the one I like less and try a different beauty box.
I subscribed to Birchbox in April and to Glossybox in May. Last month the one I like more was Glossybox, as I found the product included were bigger size and more suitable for my needs.
This month I got first Glossybox. It comes as usual in its pink box (I am collecting them for upcycling) and the products were wrapped in pink paper and tied with a black ribbon. This month the box contains 5 full-size products, which is very good, and with a leaflet explaining what each product is, the retail price and where you can buy. Last month I missed the leaflet so I am very happy to have it this month. What is inside then?
· Brush Set from Lasplash Cosmetics. The set includes two eyeshadow brushes, one fluffy to apply and blend the eyeshadow and an angled brush to apply eyeliner and use to makeup the waterline. Retail price of this set is £15.00
· Under-eye mask from Beauty Pro. That is what the leaflet says, potato and parsley mask I don’t remember the brand. But what I got was different. It is also an eye mask, but mine is Guardian Angel eye mask from Beautaniq Beauty with cucumber, rose extract, green tea and hyaluronic acid. Let’s see how it is. Retail price is £5.95.
· Liquid Metal Eyeshadow from Modelco. It is an iridescent and sparkly creamy eyeshadow in the shade Champagne. I have never used liquid eyeshadow so that is a good opportunity to use for the first time. Maybe I will use it as topper of powder eyeshadows. Retail price is £15.00.
· Makeup Removing Cloths by The Vintage Cosmetic Company.There are 2 design available and I got the zebra design. The box contains two cloths with a face for cleansing and other for exfoliating. There is no possibility of mistake as the exfoliating face is labelled. They are very soft and very suitable for me as I am swapping to reusable thing for remove mu makeup. Retail price is £7.99.
· Life liner Very Vanta from Huda Beauty. It is a dual ending eyeliner, with a liquid eyeliner on one side and a creamy pencil on the other. They are meant to be waterproof and really long lasting according with the leaflet. I like the shape of the pencil. I have never tried anything from Huda but I read very good reviews of them. Retail price is £18.00.
I like all the products included in the box and I think I am going to use all of them. I love the shade of the eyeshadow and I must highlight the quality of the eyeliner. I swatched it on my hand and took me really long time to remove. I could only do with my face oil cleanser.
I paid £10 plus P&P for my June Glossybox, which has an overall retail price of £61.94.
By the middle of June, I got my Birchbox. It came quite late, and that is the third time my box comes late. Hope next month will come without delay.
This month design is inspired in US. The box is made on cardboard and is the draw style box. I like this type of boxes as I can pill one on top of the other and use as a mini chest of drawer to store my cosmetics. There is a leaflet inside explaining what each product is and how to use it and it is coming with 5 products, all of them from US brands.
– Real Chemistry Luminous 3-minutes peel. It is an acid free peel, which acts in only 3 minutes. I like this type of products and use them frequently. For the busy life we live nowadays, products that help you to save time are welcome. I am interested in “try and test” this product and write a review about it. Retail price is £48 for 60 mL (£0.8 per mL). Sample included in the box is 20 mL and has a value of £16.
– Patchology Rejuvenating Eye Patches. I use eye patches only once a month but it is always good to have some at hand in case you need. In this box, you can find 1 pair of eye patches. Retail price is £14 for five pairs. Sample in the box has a £2.8 value.
– Magnitone WipeOut Eco-friendly Microfibre Cleansing Cloth. They allow you to remove makeup with only water. I will never do that, I need my oil and cream cleanser, but it is very handy to have this cloth to dry my face. There is 1 cloth in the box. Retail price is £20 for two cloths. Sample value: £10.
– Amika RESET exfoliating jelly shampoo. I have never exfoliate my scalp but it is never late to try for the first time….. maybe I like. The sample included in the box has 20 mL. Retail Price is £20 for 140 mL (£0.14/mL). Sample value: £2.8.
– Winky Lux Peeper Perfect Concealer. It is a full coverage concealer with collagen, hyaluronic acid, grapeseed extract, olive oil and vitamin E, which will hydrate and awake and it is crease-free. That sounds very nice but I don’t know if I can use it. They send me the shade Medium, but I tried on my hand and I think it is too dark for me. I will try to mix with foundation to see if I can make it bit clearer. Anyway, the sample they sent is extremely small. Even if I get the right shade I don’t think you can use more than twice and therefore, that is not enough to have an idea about if you like or not……. The sample has only 3 mL. Retail Price: £14 for 10 mL. Sample Value: £4.2.
June’s Birch box cost £10 and has an overall value of £35.83, which is not bad. I am quite upset with Birchbox. They promise in the website that when you review the products you get a gift. I have reviewed on their site all the products and the boxes for the first two month (and I am going to do this month again), and still I didn’t get any gift. In an opposite way, Glossybox gives you credit to spend in lookfantastic.co.uk for each product you review and they really do that. I reviewed only one box but I have more than £1 of credit already.
What can I say after comparing both boxex?
* Glossybox this month included five full-size products against 1 full-size product in the Bichbox.
* Glossybox included one high-end brand product from Huda Beauty
* Both boxes contain reusable cloths this month but whereas Birchbox sent only, Glossybox sent two cloths and in principle, I like more, as there is a clear-labelled exfoliating face on them.
* Birchbox products value is around £35 and Glossybox this month has product for more than £60
This month the winner is……. GLOSSYBOX!!!!!!!
See you next month with more subscription boxes!!!!!!!