Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
I am very excited this month because I bought a new subscription box. I heard a lot about Roccabox, everybody say it is a worthy box and I wanted to give a try and see by myself. I bought also Birchbox and Glossybox as previous months. What do I think about Roccabox? How are this month Birchbox and Glossybox? Continue reading to know……
Time to talk about my subscription boxes. As I did the previous months, this month I got my Birchbox and my Glossybox. I decided to try also the Roccabox because I read very good reviews about it. The price is similar to the other two and therefore it will be very straightforward to make a comparison between them. You can get each box for £10 + P&P but if you buy a 3, 6 or 12-months subscription the price will be reduced. If you click here you will get £5 off when you subscribe Birchbox. You will get a 20% discount in your first Glossybox through this link. Finally, if you like Roccabox, get 10 % off in your first box clicking here.
The first box I got this month was Birchbox. This month the box is called Fruity Box and the design is very summery, with oranges and lemons printed on the box. What can be better for summer? The box style is the usual one, which is a drawer box design. I have already three boxes and I am going to start thinking what to do with them. What was inside the box? Let us see.
- Dr PawPaw balm. I got the Rich Mocha shade. It comes in a 10 mL tube. It is an hydrating balm with a hint of colour. Dr PawPaw balm is vegan and cruelty free. Retail Price £6.95 for 25 mL. Sample Price £2.78
- Ciate London, Watermelon burst Hydrating Primer. 10 mL. It is an aqua serum primer infused with watermelon. This primer smooths the skin without the use of silicones. Retail Price £24 for 40 mL. Sample Price £6
- Polaar Sun Lotion SPF 50+, 20 mL. It offers UV-A and UV-B protection. It is water resistant, light, non-greasy cream and it is fragrance free. Retail Price £20.20 for 50 mL. Sample Price £8.08
- BeautyPro Coconut Sheet Mask. Full size. It is a moisturizer face mask rich in vitamin E. Retail and Sample Price £4.95
- Philip Kingsley Body Building Shampoo, 20 mL. It is a volume-boosting shampoo that improves your hair strength. Retail Price £20 for 250 mL. Sample Price £1.6
A day after getting my Birchbox I received my first Roccabox. I was very excited and I could not wait to see if it was as good as people say. And I was surprised. The box itself it is not collectable but it is recyclable. But, honestly, do I really need so many boxes? And inside I could find the following:
- Perricone MD, No Makeup Instant Blur. Full Size. That is called the Hero product of the month (I guess they considered it the best product). It is an invisible primer and complexion perfector. You can use it alone or as a primer under the foundation. I never tried anything like this product and most probably, I will review it after testing. Retail Price £45.
Finally I got my Glossybox. July’s box name is Aloha. It is a beautiful box, summery, with a Hawaiian design typical of the summer months. The products are wrapped in a pink paper with a very cute red ribbon. What is inside?
- Jecca Blac Glow Drop Primer. Full Size. This is a hydrating primer that gives a dewy radiance to your skin. Retail Price £16
Birchbox is the box containing smaller size of products, as in previous months. Some of the products in Birchbox are so small that you can try only once. For some products that is not enough to know if you like the product or not.
Glossybox was as expected, loaded of full size products with an amazing quality.
It was the first time I ordered Roccabox and I was surprised because all the products were full size and very good quality.
Value of each box is:
- Birchbox £23.41
- Roccabox £113.24
- Glossybox £69.3
This month the third place in the podium id for Birchbox. If the next two months continues like now I will cancel my subscription.
I am debating between Roccabox and Glossybox for the first position. Roccabox is the box with higher value but I like more the products on Glossybox. That reason is very personal and I am going to be objective in taking my decision. That means Glossybox has silver medal. It is good value for money with lovely products.
Finally, the first position and gold medal goes to Roccabox. Value for money is amazing and, even if the products are not my favourites (I don’t use self-tanner for example), I should admit that quality and size of the products is impressive.
Let’s see what happen next month……